Dreams and Memories

Look! There is a feather on the edge of your window!
Where? I can’t see any feather there!

Shut your eyes. Try to remember. Take a moment more. Open your eyes. Can you see now? 
No. I can’t. I wish I could, but I can’t. 

Oh! You used to be a bird. You were flying past this window that is decorated by forget-me-not flowers, when you dreamt of becoming a beautiful woman. You dreamt of days when you could sit by the desk facing the window, look at things and people outside and write about all the magical ways of time. 

Every single day, you wished the same as you passed by this window. One day, you whispered to yourself the same dream and left a feather of yours by the edge of this window, saying to yourself ‘May you use this feather as your quill the day your dream comes true’. 

Now, you can’t remember. Your dreams disappeared with your memories. You can’t even see. You don’t even write. What have you become? 

I want to be a bird again. I am sick of staying inside this room. I don’t like going out. I want to fly instead. I dream of days I can fly freely. Oh! How nice it would be to be able to fly!

Learn to fly 
Learn to fly 
Learn to fly 

Fly away

Comments

  1. A bird is always a bird.. only sometimes tied up in the aspirations and expectations, it might forget it's true nature, partly to get accepted, partly to thrive. But true nature is very hard to hide ,smoke screen won't work and it is difficult to camouflage into something that you are not.. Just matter of time before it realizes it's true potential and takeoff..

    Live to fly.
    Live to fly.
    Live to fly.

    Never land.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looking through a tainted window

As Above...So Below

Confessions of a Hemophobic