Who I am and Who I want to be



I wanted to be who I am,
I want to be who I am,
I am who I am.
No one understands this;
“What do you want to be?”, they asked
“I want to be who I am”, I answered.
Shocked, surprised! They screamed,
“What! There must be something you want to be! Some wants? Some could be’s? Any wishes? Anything at all? Think, think…”
They never understood me,
I looked away.


The stones said, “Come on! Lie down with us! You can see how the world looks from here!”
I lied down beside them.
The leaves uttered “Fall from the trees like us! Join me! Let’s feel the embrace of the earth as we fall! Feel what we feel when we fall!”
I fell along with them.
The sun laughed, “Burn like me! Feel what it feels to give warmth, joy and love to all beings! Feel what it feels to give as you burn!”
I felt like the sun.
The trees cried out to me with joy, “ Come here, come to me! Let us dance together to the tune of seasons! Feel what it feels to change oneself with every breath!”
And I danced with them.


The humans asked me, “So, what do you want to be?”
I kept quiet.
My silence whispered,
“You wouldn’t understand;
I wanted to be who I am,
I want to be who I am,
I am who I am.”

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I am considering changing the title to this now :D

      Delete
    2. 'It's a show off, fun of ignorance, am I not exhibiting myself?'-Boodhooram Ignoramus :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looking through a tainted window

As Above...So Below

Confessions of a Hemophobic