One-Eyed Movement

'One-eyed Movement'


You glared at my soul,
Piercing my heart with arrows from your hellhole;
Burning my blood with flames of Themis,
Burying my body in the ashes of her phoenix;
Drowning me in rhymes and rhythms of ecstasy,
Amidst your ebb and flow of endless melancholy;
Sketching me again with your strokes of resurrection,
Provoking me with your voices of insurrection,
While warping me to your feet for renunciation. 

You glared at my soul,
Demanding my memories that you stole;
Exposing me to my own vanity,
Splintering my sanity;
Whispering me to carry on,
While singing of the white swan.

“Why?”, I asked, yet all along in your silence I knew,
For only in faith you grew;
For only in trust could you exist, 
And charge me to persist;
So all along you drank the potion of my obedience,
While consuming my resistance;
For what?; For me to keep encircling you,
For me to see through,
And open my heart to your shine,
Only for you to glare back at mine. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking through a tainted window

As Above...So Below

Confessions of a Hemophobic